Madison Community Services, Inc Annual Fundraiser
September 12, 2011 Madison, CT
Over thirty volunteers gathered in Hubley Hall on Monday morning donating their time to help “stuff” 9,000 envelopes. They worked together over a cup of coffee and donuts to insure that the annual fundraiser would go off without a hitch.
The annual mailing is the main fundraiser for Madison Community Services, Inc., a nonprofit volunteer organization providing services and assistance to Madison residents since 1930. MCS, Inc offers programs that are available to Madison residents without cost to the recipients.
Each year we appeal to the residents and businesses of Madison to join our efforts in assisting our neighbors. Your tax deductible gift will enable MCS, Inc to:
- Pay for gas and operating costs of the two MCS vehicles used to drive ambulatory residents to medical appointments (436 rides in 2010) and to transport food for the MCS Food Pantry
- Purchase food to stock the MCS food pantry and support the expanded services offered at our new commercial location. Over 2,400 pounds of food is distributed each week to 80 – 90 shoppers representing 260 to 340 individual family members.
- Provide 120 holiday food baskets three times a year.
- Provide funds for financial assistance in times of crisis.
- Provide summer camp scholarships for children who could not otherwise attend. 30 of our town youth benefited this past summer.
- Assist with the purchase of backpacks and other school supplies for our children.
In this, our 81st year of service to Madison we encourage your support of our ongoing commitment to Madison Residents. Together we can continue to make a difference to our neighbors in need.
Because MCS is an association of volunteers, 100% of your donations go directly to support services and programs. As a 501(c)(3) organization, your contributions to Madison Community Services, Inc are tax deductible. Please mail in your gift today to MCS, Inc., PO Box 148, Madison CT 06443.
Together we can continue to help our neighbors and make a difference in the lives of others. Please Donate Now!